Administrative Technician II or III - Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable Recruitment
The Cambria Community Services District is currently accepting applications for the full-time Administrative Technician II or III - Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable position. This position is open until the needs of the District are met. For first consideration, apply immediately. For more information, please contact Haley Dodson.Administrative Technician II or III - AP & AR Position Specification
About the Administrative Technician II or III - AP & AR Position
Under direction of the Finance Manager, the Administrative Technician II or III - AP & AR performs a variety of accounting and financial duties in accordance with District policies and procedures. The level of work requires the incumbent to possess basic accounting and office skills. Employees are expected to use good judgment based upon office procedures and general financial knowledge.
The Administrative Technician II or III - AP & AR will:
- Perform Accounts Receivable functions and tracks payment status
- Perform Accounts Payable functions – processing accounts payables, verifying receipt of services and/or materials, printing checks, obtaining check signatures and mailing checks
- Maintain AP and AR invoice log and status files
- Prepare and process purchase orders for the purpose of ensuring accurate processing for supplies and services in an accurate and timely manner
- Review, revise, and establish invoice processing and payment standard operating procedures
- Review and process invoices, check requests and credit card bills
- Act as petty cash drawer custodian
- Communicate with vendors in regards to status on invoices
- Managing high-volume matching, batching, and coding of invoices
- Processes wait list invoice payments
- Maintain Administrative Office’s equipment. Order, receive, store and distribute office supplies
- Acts as back-up to the front desk
- All other duties as assigned
This is a position within the SEIU employee group.
- Any combination of experience and/or education that is likely to provide the required knowledge and skills necessary to satisfactorily perform all essential duties and responsibilities. Experience with a public agency is desirable.
- Associate of Arts Degree in Business, Finance, Public Administration or related field with minimum of three years of progressive experience in accounts payable and accounts receivable programs, preferably in a public agency, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid California Class C driver’s license. Must maintain satisfactory DMV record and ability to main insurability.
- $63,160 to $76,772 annually
- 11 standard paid holidays per year
- 3.08 hours biweekly (120 hrs/yr) of paid vacation
- 3.70 hours biweekly (96 hrs/yr) of sick leave
- Each office unit employee with at least one (1) year of service with the district shall be credited with eighteen (18) hours of administrative leave annually
- Regular employees, after completion of their probationary period, shall be eligible for the Health Care Reimbursement Program. Eligible employees receive a credit of $1300 each January 1.
- The district pays 85% of the health premiums currently in effect for employee and dependent coverage for the lowest cost plan available to district employees offered through CalPERS
- The district pays 85% of the dental premiums currently in effect for employee and dependent coverage for the lowest cost plan
- A Group Life Insurance Plan will be provided with a $25,000 life insurance policy, a $1,000 policy for each employee's spouse and a $1,000 policy for each employee dependent under the age of 21.
- CalPERS 3% @ 60 retirement plan for covered employees hired prior to October 1, 2012, including single highest year computation and credit for unused sick leave; 2% @ 60 retirement plan for covered employees hired on or after October 1, 2012 up through December 31, 2012, including the 36 highest consecutive months’ final compensation provision; covered employees hired on or after January 1, 2013 who are defined as “new members” under PEPRA will be covered by the 2% @ 62 retirement plan and the 36 highest consecutive months’ final compensation provision. Employee pays 100% of the CalPERS employee contribution.
- District provides a Deferred Compensation 457 matching monthly contribution of $25
This position is open until the needs of the District are met. For first consideration, apply immediately.
Electronic submittals are strongly preferred and should be directed to Haley Dodson of the Human Resources Department at email@example.com and include the following: completed application, cover letter, resume and proof of required qualifications. All applicants will be reviewed and only those candidates determined to be most qualified for the position on the basis of experience, training and education as submitted, will move forward in the hiring process. The candidate who has successfully completed all prior phases of the hiring process will be subject to a thorough background investigation.