The Cambria Community Services District is currently accepting applications for the full-time Administrative Technician III - Utilities Billing & Front Desk position. This recruitment is open until the needs of the District are met. For first consideration, apply immediately.
About the Administrative Technician III - Utility Billing & Front Desk Position
Under direction of the Finance Manager, handles a variety of duties which require a general understanding of the policies, procedures and services of the District. Handles the utility billing system, maintains the billing master file records, and collection procedures related to utility billing. Is responsible for the maintenance of the specialized software for the District’s programs relating to water and wastewater service allocations. This is the lead person at the front desk and is often the initial contact between the CCSD and the public and duties shall be conducted in a prompt and courteous manner, which generates a positive reflection on the CCSD. Assists in permit processing, parcel management and wastewater service allocation and management of assigned projects. This is a position within the SEIU employee group.
For a full description of the position, please review the position description below.Administrative Technician III - Utility Billing & Front Desk Position Description
Professional Experience & Required Qualifications
- Any combination of training, education and experience which demonstrates an ability to perform the duties of the position or any combination of education, training and/or work experience to demonstrate knowledge, skills, and abilities to meet the above minimum requirements.
- Associate of Arts Degree in Business, Finance, Public Administration or related field with minimum of three years of progressive experience in utility billing and data management programs, preferably in a public agency, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid California Class C driver’s license. Must maintain satisfactory DMV record and ability to main insurability.
- $64,107 to $77,923 annually
- 11 standard paid holidays per year
- 3.08 hours biweekly (120 hrs/yr) of paid vacation
- 3.70 hours biweekly (96 hrs/yr) of sick leave
- Each office unit employee with at least one (1) year of service with the district shall be credited with eighteen (18) hours of administrative leave annually.
- Regular employees, after completion of their probationary period, shall be eligible for the Health Care Reimbursement Program. Eligible employees receive a credit of $1300 each January 1.
- The district pays 85% of the health premiums currently in effect for employee and dependent coverage for the lowest cost plan available to district employees offered through CalPERS.
- The district pays 85% of the dental premiums currently in effect for employee and dependent coverage for the lowest cost plan.
- A Group Life Insurance Plan will be provided with a $25,000 life insurance policy, a $1,000 policy for each employee's spouse and a $1,000 policy for each employee dependent under the age of 21.
- CalPERS 3% @ 60 retirement plan for covered employees hired prior to October 1, 2012, including single highest year computation and credit for unused sick leave; 2% @ 60 retirement plan for covered employees hired on or after October 1, 2012 up through December 31, 2012, including the 36 highest consecutive months’ final compensation provision; covered employees hired on or after January 1, 2013 who are defined as “new members” under PEPRA will be covered by the 2% @ 62 retirement plan and the 36 highest consecutive months’ final compensation provision. Employee pays 100% of the CalPERS employee contribution.
- District provides a Deferred Compensation 457 matching monthly contribution of $25.
- The job combines on-site work at the administration office with some remote flexibility.
This position is open until the needs of the District are met. For first consideration, apply immediately.
Electronic submittals are strongly preferred and should be directed to Denise Fritz and include the following: completed application, cover letter, resume and proof of required qualifications. All applicants will be reviewed and only those candidates determined to be most qualified for the position on the basis of experience, training and education as submitted, will move forward in the hiring process. The candidate who has successfully completed all prior phases of the hiring process will be subject to a thorough background investigation.