The Cambria Community Services District is currently accepting applications for the full-time Board Secretary position. This position is open until the needs of the District are met. For first consideration, apply immediately. For more information, please contact Haley Dodson.Board Secretary Position Specification
About the Board Secretary Position
Under the general direction of the General Manager, the Board Secretary provides administrative and technical support for the District and prepares agendas, agenda packets, minutes, drafts legal notices, staff reports, resolutions and ordinances.
This is a position within the SEIU employee group.
Professional Experience & Required Qualifications
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. with two years of college level course work in public administration, business administration or related field and two years of responsible administrative and/or clerical experience involving frequent public contact, records management and/or Council/Board support functions or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A Certified Municipal Clerk (CMC) designation is highly desirable, or the ability to obtain the designation within two (2) years.
- Possession of a Notary Public certification, or the ability to obtain the certification within two (2) years.
- Valid California Class C driver’s license. Must maintain satisfactory DMV record and ability to maintain insurability.
- $51,995 to $63,201 annually
- 11 standard paid holidays per year
- 3.08 hours biweekly (120 hrs/yr) of paid vacation
- 3.70 hours biweekly (96 hrs/yr) of sick leave
- Each office unit employee with at least one (1) year of service with the district shall be credited with eighteen (18) hours of administrative leave annually
- Regular employees, after completion of their probationary period, shall be eligible for the Health Care Reimbursement Program. Eligible employees receive a credit of $1300 each January 1.
- The district pays 85% of the health premiums currently in effect for employee and dependent coverage for the lowest cost plan available to district employees offered through CalPERS
- The district pays 85% of the dental premiums currently in effect for employee and dependent coverage for the lowest cost plan
- A Group Life Insurance Plan will be provided with a $25,000 life insurance policy, a $1,000 policy for each employee's spouse and a $1,000 policy for each employee dependent under the age of 21.
- CalPERS 3% @ 60 retirement plan for covered employees hired prior to October 1, 2012, including single highest year computation and credit for unused sick leave; 2% @ 60 retirement plan for covered employees hired on or after October 1, 2012 up through December 31, 2012, including the 36 highest consecutive months’ final compensation provision; covered employees hired on or after January 1, 2013 who are defined as “new members” under PEPRA will be covered by the 2% @ 62 retirement plan and the 36 highest consecutive months’ final compensation provision. Employee pays 100% of the CalPERS employee contribution.
- District provides a Deferred Compensation 457 matching monthly contribution of $25
This position is open until the needs of the District are met. For first consideration, apply immediately.
Electronic submittals are strongly preferred and should be directed to Haley Dodson of the Human Resources Department at email@example.com and include the following: completed application, cover letter, resume and proof of required qualifications. All applicants will be reviewed and only those candidates determined to be most qualified for the position on the basis of experience, training and education as submitted, will move forward in the hiring process. The candidate who has successfully completed all prior phases of the hiring process will be subject to a thorough background investigation.