The Cambria Community Services District is currently accepting applications for the full-time Finance Specialist - Payroll & Benefits position. This position is open until the needs of the District are met. For first consideration, apply immediately. For more information, please contact Haley Dodson.Finance Specialist - Payroll & Benefits Position Specification
About the Finance Specialist - Payroll & Benefits Position
Under direction of the Finance Manager, this position performs a variety of accounting, payroll/benefits, and financial duties in accordance with District policies and procedures. Additional duties include: performs responsible and complex payroll computational accounting and clerical work in preparation of payroll; assists and advises in the formulation, installation and revision of payroll record keeping procedures; verifies the accuracy of journal and ledger postings and makes adjusting entries when necessary; keeps and maintains a variety of records, journals, ledgers and reports; prepares and/or audits bank reconciliations; processes related journal entries and performs related work as required.
This is a position within the SEIU employee group.
- Any combination of training, education and experience which demonstrates an ability to perform the duties of the position or any combination of education, training and/or work experience to demonstrate knowledge, skills, and abilities to meet the above requirements. Experience with a public agency is desirable.
- Associate of Arts Degree in Business, Finance, Public Administration or related field with minimum of three years of progressive experience in automated payroll and benefits programs, preferably in a public agency, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid California Class C driver’s license. Must maintain satisfactory DMV record and ability to main insurability.
- $63,160 to $76,772 annually
- 11 standard paid holidays per year
- 3.08 hours biweekly (120 hrs/yr) of paid vacation
- 3.70 hours biweekly (96 hrs/yr) of sick leave
- Each office unit employee with at least one (1) year of service with the district shall be credited with eighteen (18) hours of administrative leave annually
- Regular employees, after completion of their probationary period, shall be eligible for the Health Care Reimbursement Program. Eligible employees receive a credit of $1300 each January 1.
- The district pays 85% of the health premiums currently in effect for employee and dependent coverage for the lowest cost plan available to district employees offered through CalPERS
- The district pays 85% of the dental premiums currently in effect for employee and dependent coverage for the lowest cost plan
- A Group Life Insurance Plan will be provided with a $25,000 life insurance policy, a $1,000 policy for each employee's spouse and a $1,000 policy for each employee dependent under the age of 21.
- CalPERS 3% @ 60 retirement plan for covered employees hired prior to October 1, 2012, including single highest year computation and credit for unused sick leave; 2% @ 60 retirement plan for covered employees hired on or after October 1, 2012 up through December 31, 2012, including the 36 highest consecutive months’ final compensation provision; covered employees hired on or after January 1, 2013 who are defined as “new members” under PEPRA will be covered by the 2% @ 62 retirement plan and the 36 highest consecutive months’ final compensation provision. Employee pays 100% of the CalPERS employee contribution.
- District provides a Deferred Compensation 457 matching monthly contribution of $25
This position is open until the needs of the District are met. For first consideration, apply immediately.
Electronic submittals are strongly preferred and should be directed to Haley Dodson of the Human Resources Department at email@example.com and include the following: completed application, cover letter, resume and proof of required qualifications. All applicants will be reviewed and only those candidates determined to be most qualified for the position on the basis of experience, training and education as submitted, will move forward in the hiring process. The candidate who has successfully completed all prior phases of the hiring process will be subject to a thorough background investigation.