The Cambria CSD Fire Department is currently accepting applications for the Fire Captain Paramedic position. This recruitment is open to both internal and external candidates. The deadline to apply is September 13, 2021 at 5:00 p.m. and the expected hire date is 11/6/2021. For more information, please review the position description and announcement below or contact Haley Dodson at (805) 927-6240.Cambria CSD Fire Department Fire Captain Paramedic Job Announcement
About the Fire Captain Paramedic Position
Under the general direction of the Fire Chief, the Fire Captain is the working supervisor of this department. The Fire Captain is responsible for performing and supervising company activities including emergency response and safety, command and control, supervision, management, delegation and prioritization, documentation and communication, station apparatus and equipment maintenance, training, fire prevention, vegetation management and other life safety inspections, public education, public awareness, and other related work, tasks and assignments as required. The Fire Captain’s essential duties & responsibilities are:
- Emergency response
- Command & control
- Documentation & communications
- Station, apparatus & equipment maintenance
- Fire prevention & inspections
- Public education
To review the full position description, please click the link below.Fire Captain Paramedic Position Description
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- United States citizen or legal right to remain in the United States
- San Luis Obispo County paramedic certificate/accreditation
- Current Health Care Provider CPR or equivalent
- Hazardous Materials First Responder Operational certified
- Valid California driver license with either non-commercial Firefighter Endorsement or Class B commercial license, with driving and operating experience. (Applicants who do not possess the required DMV license, or CPR certification may be admitted to the testing process but must possess the required license or certification prior to being appointed.)
- Must have begun the State Fire Officer’s Certification track
- 3 years firefighting experience with supervisory experience
- Must establish and maintain residency to be able to arrive at Fire Station 1, 2850 Burton Drive Cambria, in 75 minutes or less.
Some minimum requirements may be waived upon substantial demonstration and documentation of substitute fulfillment.
Desirable Licenses, Certificates & Qualifications
- College graduate, or holds a college degree preferably in fire science or other comparable course work
- Fire Officer certified
- Hazardous Materials Technician or Specialist
- Rope Rescue, Rescue Systems 1 & 2, Water Rescue
- Any other EMS, Fire, Hazardous Materials, Rescue, Wildfire or other appropriate certificates
- Computer literacy and type 25 words per minute
Fire Captain Paramedic Benefits
- Starting Salary of $77,246-$93,894
- Paramedic Compensation of $600/month
- CalPERS Retirement 3% At 50 For Covered Employees; 3% at 55 for PEPRA; 2.7% at 57 for New Members
- $25,000 Life Insurance Policy
- Health Reimbursement Account
- Health/Dental Insurance
- Clothing & Boot Allowance
- Vacation/Sick Leave/Holiday Leave
How to Apply
Please submit the completed employment application, proof of minimum requirement documentation, resume and certifications to email@example.com or by mail to Cambria CSD Fire Department, Attention: Haley Dodson, 2850 Burton Drive, Cambria, CA 93428.
The deadline to apply is September 13, 2021, at 5:00 p.m. This position is open until filled. A qualifying employment list will be maintained for a period of 12 months.
Recruitment & Selection Process
- The deadline to apply is September 13, 2021 at 5:00 p.m.
- Application review will occur 9/13/2021 to 9/14/2021
- Assessments and interviews will occur the week of 9/20/2021 to 9/24/2021
- Background investigation process will begin the week of 9/27/2021 with an expected hire date of 11/6/2021
- A qualifying employment list will be maintained for a period of 12 months
For more information, please contact Haley Dodson at (805) 927-6240.