Fire Engineer Paramedic Recruitment
The Cambria CSD Fire Department is currently accepting applications for the Fire Engineer Paramedic position. This recruitment is open to both internal and external candidates. The deadline to apply is September 13, 2021 at 5:00 p.m. and the expected hire date is 11/6/2021. For more information, please review the position description and announcement below or contact Haley Dodson at (805) 927-6240.Cambria CSD Fire Department Fire Engineer Paramedic Job Announcement
About the Fire Engineer Paramedic Position
Under general supervision of a Fire Captain or other Company Officer, the Fire Engineer drives, operates and maintains all types of fire apparatus. Fire Engineers are responsible to perform and participate in company activities including emergency response and safety, equipment management and operations, documentation and communication, station apparatus and equipment maintenance; training; fire prevention, vegetation management and other life safety inspections; public education, public awareness; and other related work, tasks and assignments as required.
To review the full position description, please click the link below.Fire Engineer Paramedic Position Description
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- United States citizen or legal right to remain in the United States
- San Luis Obispo County paramedic certificate/accreditation
- Current Health Care Provider CPR or equivalent
- Hazardous Materials First Responder Operational certified
- Valid California driver license with either non-commercial Firefighter Endorsement or Class B commercial license, with driving and operating experience. (Applicants who do not possess the required DMV license, or CPR certification may be admitted to the testing process but must possess the required license or certification prior to being appointed.)
- Must be State Marshal Firefighter 1 certified
- Minimum 2 years firefighting experience
- Minimum 1 year fire apparatus driving and pumping experience
- Must establish and maintain residency to be able to arrive at Fire Station 1, 2850 Burton Drive Cambria, in 75 minutes or less.
Some minimum requirements may be waived upon substantial demonstration and documentation of substitute fulfillment.
Desirable Licenses, Certificates & Qualifications
- College graduate, or holds a college degree preferably in fire science or other comparable course work
- Firefighter II certified
- Hazardous Materials Technician or Specialist
- Rope Rescue, Rescue Systems 1 & 2, Water Rescue
- Emergency Vehicle Operation Certification
- Pump Operations
- California State Fire Marshall Certified Driver Operator 1A and or 1B
- Air brake or any other fire service vehicle mechanical or maintenance training or certification
- Any other EMS, Fire, Hazardous Materials, Rescue, Wildfire or other appropriate certificates
- Computer literacy and type 25 words per minute
Fire Engineer Paramedic Benefits
- Starting Salary of $64,064-$77,870
- Paramedic Compensation of $600/month
- CalPERS Retirement 3% At 50 For Covered Employees; 3% at 55 for PEPRA; 2.7% at 57 for New Members
- $25,000 Life Insurance Policy
- Health Reimbursement Account
- Health/Dental Insurance
- Clothing & Boot Allowance
- Vacation/Sick Leave/Holiday Leave
How to Apply
Please submit the completed employment application, proof of minimum requirement documentation, resume and certifications to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Cambria CSD Fire Department, Attention: Haley Dodson, 2850 Burton Drive, Cambria, CA 93428.
The deadline to apply is September 13, 2021, at 5:00 p.m. This position is open until filled. A qualifying employment list will be maintained for a period of 12 months.
Recruitment & Selection Process
- The deadline to apply is September 13, 2021 at 5:00 p.m.
- Application review will occur 9/13/2021 to 9/14/2021
- Assessments and interviews will occur the week of 9/20/2021 to 9/24/2021
- Background investigation process will begin the week of 9/27/2021 with an expected hire date of 11/6/2021
- A qualifying employment list will be maintained for a period of 12 months
For more information, please contact Haley Dodson at (805) 927-6240.