On November 17, 2016, the CCSD Board of Directors adopted Resolution 46-2016 authorizing amendments to the Payment & Compensation Plan for Management and Confidential Employees and gave authority to the General Manager to provide additional compensation and benefits when appropriate in order to successfully attract and retain qualified employees. Effective January 1, 2017, which shall remain in effect unless agreed to otherwise in writing, the parties agree to the following:
- Provide a phone and internet allowance: authorize the General Manager to provide a monthly allowance up to $100.
- Accruals: authorize the General Manager to provide an increase of accrual rates up to 2 weeks annually, i.e. vacation leave or administrative leave.
- Relocation allowance: authorize the General Manager to provide a relocation reimbursement allowance (with receipts). Require an agreement to commit to one year of service or repay the CCSD for the relocation allowance.
- Travel reimbursement: authorize the General Manager to provide a travel allowance in the form of reimbursement (with receipts) for interviewing purposes.
- Working Out of Position: allow the General Manager to authorize an increase in salary up to 10% for working out of position for a period not to exceed one year.
- Education/Tuition reimbursement: allow the General Manager to budget an annual amount to be dispersed to employees through a tuition reimbursement program. This amount would be determined through the budget process and would include a policy that would allow for a fair distribution of the funds.