INTERNAL RECRUITMENT FOR CAMBRIA FIRE DEPARTMENT EMPLOYEES ONLY
The Cambria CSD Fire Department is currently accepting applications for one SAFER Firefighter EMT position. This position is open to internal Cambria Fire Department employees only. The internal recruitment closes on Wednesday, February 15, 2023 at 5:00 p.m. For more information, please review the position description below or contact Haley Dodson.
ABOUT THE SAFER FIREFIGHTER EMT POSITION
Under supervision of an engine company officer, the SAFER Firefighter responds to fires, medical aids, rescues, hazardous materials incidents, motor vehicle accidents, and other emergency and non-emergency incidents. The SAFER Firefighter maintains a state of mental and physical readiness to respond to emergency calls. The SAFER Firefighter participates in training activities, maintains fire equipment and facilities, performs public education and fire prevention duties, and assists in training reserve firefighters, as well as other duties. SAFER Firefighters will work with a full-time or reserve officer on 24-hour shifts as the fourth person on the engine.
The SAFER Grant was intended to provide funding for three firefighters for a three-year period, which would allow for the addition of one firefighter on each of the three shifts, to increase the daily staffing level to a four-person engine company daily. This staffing model includes a full-time captain, full-time engineer, SAFER Grant funded firefighter, and a reserve firefighter. Unless additional funding is available, at the end of the three-year period, the SAFER Grant funded firefighter positions will end on January 1, 2025 and the engine would return to a three-person staffed engine.
This is a grant funded, full-time, limited three-year term position and will expire on January 1, 2025. The SAFER Firefighter position will not exist outside of grant funds. There will be no COLAs for the position due to the limited grant funding available.
To review the full position description, please click the link below.SAFER Firefighter EMT Position Description
SAFER FIREFIGHTER EMT MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- United States citizen or legal right to remain in the United States
- Emergency Medical Technician-1 with current Health Care Provider CPR or equivalent
- Hazardous Materials First Responder Operational certified
- Valid California driver license with either non-commercial Firefighter Endorsement or Class B commercial license, with driving and operating experience. (Applicants who do not possess the required DMV license, or CPR certification may be admitted to the testing process but must possess the required license or certification prior to being appointed.)
- Must be State Marshal Firefighter 1 certified
Some minimum requirements may be waived upon substantial demonstration and documentation of substitute fulfillment.
SAFER FIREFIGHTER EMT BENEFITS
- Starting Salary of $19.69 per hour to $23.93 per hour
- CalPERS Retirement (CalPERS 3% @ 50 public safety retirement plan for covered employees, including single highest year computation, for all employees hired before December 28, 2012. All covered employees hired on or after December 28, 2012 who are not defined as “new members” under the Public Employees Pension Reform Act (“PEPRA”) will be covered by the 3% @ 55 retirement formula and the 36 highest consecutive months’ final compensation provision. All covered employees hired on or after January 1, 2013 and who are defined as “new members” under PEPRA will be covered by the 2.7% at 57 retirement formula and the 36 highest consecutive months’ final compensation provision.)
- $25,000 Life Insurance Policy
- Health Reimbursement Account upon completion of probationary period
- Health/Dental Insurance
- Clothing & Boot Allowance
- Vacation/Sick Leave/Holiday Leave
HOW TO APPLY
This position is open to internal Cambria Fire Department employees only. The internal recruitment closes on Wednesday, February 15, 2023 at 5:00 p.m. Please submit the completed employment application, proof of minimum requirement documentation, cover letter, resume and certifications to firstname.lastname@example.org.