Skip to main content

Salary

Longevity Pay

Upon completion of 10 years (120 months) of continuous employment with the CCSD, covered employees will receive a 5% increase in base salary. Upon completion of 15 years (180 months) of continuous employment with the CCSD, covered employees will receive an additional 2.5% increase in base salary (resulting in a 7.5% overall increase). Upon completion of 20 years (240 months) of continuous employment with the CCSD, covered employees will receive an additional 2.5% increase in base salary (resulting in a 10.0% overall increase). Qualification for each increase shall be based on an employee’s original date of hire with the CCSD.  Such increases shall be applied at whatever salary range and step the employee occupies after becoming eligible.

Employees hired on or after June 25, 2015, are not eligible to receive Longevity Pay.

Accrual Cash Outs

Accrual cash outs shall be paid on the employee’s base pay rate only. All overtime pay, incentive pay including merit, longevity, allowances and other specialty pay is excluded from all accrual cash out calculations.

Salary Increases

During the term of this agreement the parties have negotiated the following wage increases to provide both cost of living increases and equity adjustments:

First-year of the agreement:

Effective the first full pay period following ratification and Board approval 3%

Second-year of the agreement:

Effective the first full pay period following December 31, 2020 3.25%

Third-year of the agreement:

Effective the first full pay period following December 31, 2021 3.75%

Fourth-year of the agreement:

Effective the first full pay period following December 31, 2022 4%

Fifth-year of the agreement:

Effective the first full pay period following December 31, 2023 4%

During the course of this agreement, if the District’s non-discretionary expenses significantly surpasses projections, the District shall have the right to reopen this agreement in order to avoid potential layoffs in the Fire Department or reductions in services. It is the District’s intent to define non-discretionary expenses as expenses in the District’s budget which cannot be arbitrarily spent by the District, i.e. one-time expenditures that are not required by the District.