The Cambria Community Services District is currently accepting applications for the full-time Wastewater Collection System Maintenance Worker position. This recruitment is open until the needs of the District are met. For first consideration, apply immediately.
About the Wastewater Collection System Maintenance Worker Position
Under supervision of the Wastewater Systems Superintendent or Utilities Department Manager/District Engineer the Collections System Worker must perform a variety of duties including wastewater collection system cleaning, and obstacle clearing work using a high pressure jet and other specialized equipment; repair and maintain electrical and mechanical equipment; investigate complaints concerning the wastewater collection system; perform maintenance and repair of sewage collection system; operate vehicles, light and medium construction equipment; and to perform other duties as assigned or required. This is a position within the SEIU employee group.
For a full description of the position, please review the position description below.Wastewater Collection System Maintenance Worker Position Description
- Any combination of training, education and experience which demonstrates possession of the knowledge and abilities stated above and the ability to perform the duties of the position. A minimum of 1-year experience in mechanical and electrical maintenance and repairs is required.
- High School Graduate or G.E.D.
- Valid California Class A or B driver’s license and maintain the ability to be insured, or the ability to obtain a California Class A or B driver’s license within six (6) months from the date of hire.
- Ability to obtain a Grade 2 Collection Maintenance Certification and have possession of the certificate within 2 years of hire date.
- $51,114 to $62,129 annually
- 11 standard paid holidays per year
- 3.08 hours biweekly (120 hrs/yr) of paid vacation
- 3.70 hours biweekly (96 hrs/yr) of sick leave
- Regular employees, after completion of their probationary period, shall be eligible for the Health Care Reimbursement Program. Eligible employees receive a credit of $1300 each January 1.
- The district pays 85% of the health premiums currently in effect for employee and dependent coverage for the lowest cost plan available to district employees offered through CalPERS.
- The district pays 85% of the dental premiums currently in effect for employee and dependent coverage for the lowest cost plan.
- A Group Life Insurance Plan will be provided with a $25,000 life insurance policy, a $1,000 policy for each employee's spouse and a $1,000 policy for each employee dependent under the age of 21.
- CalPERS 3% @ 60 retirement plan for covered employees hired prior to October 1, 2012, including single highest year computation and credit for unused sick leave; 2% @ 60 retirement plan for covered employees hired on or after October 1, 2012 up through December 31, 2012, including the 36 highest consecutive months’ final compensation provision; covered employees hired on or after January 1, 2013 who are defined as “new members” under PEPRA will be covered by the 2% @ 62 retirement plan and the 36 highest consecutive months’ final compensation provision. Employee pays 100% of the CalPERS employee contribution.
- District provides a Deferred Compensation 457 matching monthly contribution of $25.
This position is open until the needs of the District are met. For first consideration, apply immediately.
Electronic submittals are strongly preferred and should be directed to email@example.com and include the following: completed application, cover letter, resume and proof of required qualifications. All applicants will be reviewed and only those candidates determined to be most qualified for the position on the basis of experience, training and education as submitted, will move forward in the hiring process. The candidate who has successfully completed all prior phases of the hiring process will be subject to a thorough background investigation.