The Cambria Community Services District is currently accepting applications for a potential vacancy in the Wastewater Department for the Wastewater Operator III position. This recruitment is open until a qualifying employment list has been established.
About the Wastewater Operator III Position
Under supervision of the Wastewater Department Supervisor, operate the District’s wastewater treatment plant and collection system; to perform a wide variety of operation and maintenance duties; and to perform related duties as required. This is a position within the SEIU employee group.
For a full description of the position, please review the position description below.Wastewater Operator III Position Description
- Three years of experience as a Grade II in the operation and maintenance of a wastewater treatment plant and one and one-half years in a supervisory role. Applicants who have passed the Grade III Wastewater Operator exam and can obtain the education and experience requirements within one year of hire date will be allowed to apply.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Valid California class “B” driver’s license within six (6) months. Must maintain satisfactory DMV record and ability to maintain insurability.
- Grade III Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator’s Certification issued by the California State Water Resources Control Board.
- $70,435 to $85,614 annually
- 11 standard paid holidays per year
- 3.08 hours biweekly (120 hrs/yr) of paid vacation
- 3.70 hours biweekly (96 hrs/yr) of sick leave
- Regular employees, after completion of their probationary period, shall be eligible for the Health Care Reimbursement Program. Eligible employees receive a credit of $1300 each January 1.
- The district pays 85% of the health premiums currently in effect for employee and dependent coverage for the lowest cost plan available to district employees offered through CalPERS.
- The district pays 85% of the dental premiums currently in effect for employee and dependent coverage for the lowest cost plan.
- A Group Life Insurance Plan will be provided with a $25,000 life insurance policy, a $1,000 policy for each employee's spouse and a $1,000 policy for each employee dependent under the age of 21.
- CalPERS 3% @ 60 retirement plan for covered employees hired prior to October 1, 2012, including single highest year computation and credit for unused sick leave; 2% @ 60 retirement plan for covered employees hired on or after October 1, 2012 up through December 31, 2012, including the 36 highest consecutive months’ final compensation provision; covered employees hired on or after January 1, 2013 who are defined as “new members” under PEPRA will be covered by the 2% @ 62 retirement plan and the 36 highest consecutive months’ final compensation provision. Employee pays 100% of the CalPERS employee contribution.
- District provides a Deferred Compensation 457 matching monthly contribution of $25.
This recruitment is open until a qualifying employment list has been established.
Electronic submittals are strongly preferred and should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following: completed application, cover letter, resume and proof of required qualifications. All applicants will be reviewed and only those candidates determined to be most qualified for the position on the basis of experience, training and education as submitted, will move forward in the hiring process. The candidate who has successfully completed all prior phases of the hiring process will be subject to a thorough background investigation.