The Cambria Community Services District is currently accepting applications for a potential vacancy in the Wastewater Department for the Wastewater Systems Superintendent position. This recruitment is open until a qualifying employment list has been established.
About the Wastewater Systems Superintendent Position
Under general direction of the Utilities Department Manager, administers the operations of wastewater collection, treatment, disposal, reclamation, and recycling systems. Supervises wastewater operational staff; establishes and assures adherence to standard operating protocols; plans and organizes agency-wide wastewater disposal/recycled water use compliance efforts; serves as the liaison between field and office staff assigned to wastewater operations. This is an exempt management position.
For a full description of the position, please review the position description below.Wastewater Systems Superintendent Position Description - pending General Manager's review
- Five years of experience in wastewater system operations and maintenance, two years of which must have been in a supervisory position.
- A bachelor's degree in a technical field relating to wastewater treatment, such as engineering or natural science, is preferred, and five (5) years’ experience in activated sludge wastewater utility operations, including at least three years (3) in a management or supervisory capacity. Qualifying experiences may be substituted for up to two years (2) of college coursework on a two-for-one basis.
- Possess a valid SWRCB Wastewater Treatment Grade WW 3 Operator certification at the time of application. Sustained certification, including any required continuing education units, is mandatory for continued employment. Failure to maintain a valid required certification will result in removal from the position unless a time extension is approved by the appointing authority before the expiration of the certification.
- Must possess a valid California class C driver's license and maintain a satisfactory driving record.
- $104,766 to $127,344 annually
- 11 standard paid holidays per year
- 3.08 hours biweekly (120 hrs/yr) of paid vacation
- 3.70 hours biweekly (96 hrs/yr) of sick leave
- 40 hours of administrative leave per year
- District pays 85% of the health premiums currently in effect for employee & dependent coverage for the lowest cost plan available to district employees through CalPERS.
- District pays 90% of the dental premiums currently in effect for employee & dependent coverage for the lowest cost plan.
- A Group Life Insurance Plan will be provided with a $25,000 life insurance policy, a $1,000 policy for each employee's spouse and a $1,000 policy for each employee dependent under the age of 21.
- CalPERS 3% @ 60 retirement plan for covered employees hired prior to October 1, 2012, including single highest year computation and credit for unused sick leave; 2% @ 60 retirement plan for covered employees hired on or after October 1, 2012 up through December 31, 2012, including the 36 highest consecutive months’ final compensation provision; covered employees hired on or after January 1, 2013 who are defined as “new members” under PEPRA will be covered by the 2% @ 62 retirement plan and the 36 highest consecutive months’ final compensation provision. Employee pays 100% of the CalPERS employee contribution.
- A Deferred Compensation Program match up to $100 per pay period. 457 and 401(a) plans are available.
This recruitment is open until a qualifying employment list has been established.
Electronic submittals are strongly preferred and should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following: completed application, cover letter, resume and proof of required qualifications. All applicants will be reviewed and only those candidates determined to be most qualified for the position on the basis of experience, training and education as submitted, will move forward in the hiring process. The candidate who has successfully completed all prior phases of the hiring process will be subject to a thorough background investigation.