The Cambria Community Services District is currently accepting applications for the full-time Water Treatment Plant Operator-In-Training position. This recruitment is open until the needs of the District are met. For first consideration, apply immediately.
About the Water Treatment Plant Operator-In-Training Position
Under direct supervision of a licensed operator and/or Water System Supervisor, installs, repairs, maintains, and replaces water mains, meters, service connections, and other water facilities; assists in the operation of the water supply, treatment, distribution, storage and pumping systems; reads meters; and performs other duties as assigned. This is a position within the SEIU employee group.
For a full description of the position, please review the position description below.Water Treatment Plant Operator-In-Training Position Description
- One year of experience in general construction and maintenance work. Word processing and spreadsheet experience (Word and Excel preferable).
- High school graduate or G.E.D.
- Must possess and maintain a valid California class “C” driver’s license and maintain a satisfactory DMV record to maintain District insurability.
- Required to obtain a California Grade T1 Water Treatment Operator License within one (1) year from the date of hire.
- Required to obtain a California Grade D1 Water Distribution Operator License within two (2) years from the date of hire.
- $48,697 to $59,191 annually
- 11 standard paid holidays per year
- 3.08 hours biweekly (120 hrs/yr) of paid vacation
- 3.70 hours biweekly (96 hrs/yr) of sick leave
- Regular employees, after completion of their probationary period, shall be eligible for the Health Care Reimbursement Program. Eligible employees receive a credit of $1300 each January 1.
- The district pays 85% of the health premiums currently in effect for employee and dependent coverage for the lowest cost plan available to district employees offered through CalPERS.
- The district pays 85% of the dental premiums currently in effect for employee and dependent coverage for the lowest cost plan.
- A Group Life Insurance Plan will be provided with a $25,000 life insurance policy, a $1,000 policy for each employee's spouse and a $1,000 policy for each employee dependent under the age of 21.
- CalPERS 3% @ 60 retirement plan for covered employees hired prior to October 1, 2012, including single highest year computation and credit for unused sick leave; 2% @ 60 retirement plan for covered employees hired on or after October 1, 2012 up through December 31, 2012, including the 36 highest consecutive months’ final compensation provision; covered employees hired on or after January 1, 2013 who are defined as “new members” under PEPRA will be covered by the 2% @ 62 retirement plan and the 36 highest consecutive months’ final compensation provision. Employee pays 100% of the CalPERS employee contribution.
- District provides a Deferred Compensation 457 matching monthly contribution of $25.
This position is open until the needs of the District are met. For first consideration, apply immediately.
Electronic submittals are strongly preferred and should be directed to Haley Dodson and include the following: completed application, cover letter, resume and proof of required qualifications. All applicants will be reviewed and only those candidates determined to be most qualified for the position on the basis of experience, training and education as submitted, will move forward in the hiring process. The candidate who has successfully completed all prior phases of the hiring process will be subject to a thorough background investigation.