As a CalPERS health benefits member, employees have the option each fall to make changes to their health plan for the following calendar year. CalPERS Health Insurance Open Enrollment starts on September 18, 2023 and ends on October 13, 2023.2024 Health Insurance Premium Rates
PERS Gold has been selected as the District's 2024 lowest cost plan. This means that the District will contribute 85% of the PERS Gold amounts of $679.52 to $1,766.76 depending on benefit selection of employee only to family coverage. The District selected this plan in an effort to slowly work toward the lowest plan available to CCSD employees and not create a significant financial impact. IAFF MOU Section 24.B. and SEIU MOU Section 30.A. include language related to the lowest cost plan and the District has the discretion to opt for a higher level plan.
IAFF MOU Section 24.B.
SEIU MOU Section 30.A.
During Open Enrollment, you can:
- Change your CalPERS health plan
- Add eligible dependents
- Remove dependents
- Cancel your existing CalPERS health coverage
- Enroll in a CalPERS health plan if you don't currently have coverage
Log in to your myCalPERS account (https://www.calpers.ca.gov/) to explore your health plan options. myCalPERS allows you to access customized health information and has tools and resources to help you with your Open Enrollment decisions. myCalPERS also provides you with secure 24/7 access to view:
- Specific health benefit changes that may impact you in the coming year
- Your current 2023 monthly premium and 2024 monthly premium if you don’t change your health plan
- 2024 health plans and monthly premiums available based on your health eligibility ZIP code
- Which health plans your doctors participate in (updated to included specialists)
- Your enrolled dependents
- All CalPERS Open Enrollment information
- Your 2024 Health Plan Statement
The 2024 Health Insurance Premium Rates are posted below. If you have any questions, please contact Miriam Torres. If you wish to make changes to your plan, please complete the required HBD-12 form and submit the completed form to Miriam Torres. If you aren't making changes to your coverage, no action is needed.Health Benefits Plan Enrollment for Active Employees HBD-12