Will Serves and Retrofits

Remodels, Additions, Reconstruction, and Change-of-Use

So, you need a Will-Serve letter?

Please complete the Remodel/Addition/Reconstruction/Change-of-Use Application to request Will-Serve letters for water and/or sewer and/or a Fire Plan Review. For fastest service, please email Melissa Bland at (redacted) with any questions. You may submit all application materials electronically; however, processing will not begin until the required deposit is received at our office. Download a fillable PDF application at the link below:

Download the application here

UPDATED 4/13/2018. To take advantage of time-saving features, please download and complete the form in Adobe Acrobat before printing.

Retrofit Upon Expansion of Use Guide

Retrofit Upon Resale

Current CCSD code requires that all existing residential and commercial buildings shall, at the time of change of ownership, be retrofitted, if not already so, exclusively with high-effficiency water-use plumbing fixtures. Please refer to the CCSD Retrofit Upon Resale Guide and Process Flow for more information.

Download the Retrofit Upon Resale GuideDownload the Process Flow for the Retrofit Upon Resale Program


Approximately 20 years ago the CCSD implemented a retrofit program to replace plumbing fixtures in existing residences and businesses with water-conserving fixtures such as shower heads and toilets. Currently, all new construction is required to meet both the State of California and CCSD standards. New construction is required to offset demand through the purchase of retrofit points or actual retrofitting of noncompliant water fixtures within District boundaries. The number of points required is based upon a combination of the square footage of the lot being built upon and the number of bathrooms constructed.

Download the Water Use Efficiency Requirements for New Construction