Skip to main content

Water Positions and Wait Lists

New Connections 

The CCSD Board of Directors declared a Water Code 350 emergency in November 2001, which is still in effect today. The CCSD is not issuing any new residential or commercial water or wastewater connections at this time.

CHAPTER 3. Water Shortage Emergencies [350 - 359]

(Chapter 3 added by Stats. 1953, Ch. 140.) 350.

The governing body of a distributor of a public water supply, whether publicly or privately owned and including a mutual water company, may declare a water shortage emergency condition to prevail within the area served by such distributor whenever it finds and determines that the ordinary demands and requirements of water consumers cannot be satisfied without depleting the water supply of the distributor to the extent that there would be insufficient water for human consumption, sanitation, and fire protection.

Intent to Serve Letters 

An Intent to Serve (ITS) Letter is part of the water and sewer connection process. An ITS letter states that the CCSD intends to provide water and sewer (if applicable) service to a residential or commercial building project if fees are paid and if all conditions and requirements are satisfactorily completed.  ITS letters issued prior to the moratorium and extended in accordance with the CCSD Municipal Code will be honored.

If you currently have an ITS letter and need an extension, please complete the Intent to Serve Letter Extension Application and submit it to the CCSD Admin Office with the required $200 deposit. Applications and supporting documentation can be emailed to; however, processing can not commence until the deposit is received at our office.

Intent to Serve Extension ApplicationCurrent Intent to Serve Letters - updated 4/11/2023
Remodels, Reconstruction, and Grandfathers 

The County of San Luis Obispo requires a Will Serve letter for all projects utilizing CCSD water and/or wastewater services, as well as a Fire Plan Review from the Cambria CSD Fire Department. Projects eligible for a Will Serve include remodels or reconstruction of existing residences, remodels or change-of-use for commercial properties (assuming the use remains within the existing EDU allocation), and new construction utilizing a grandfathered meter or active service transfer.

Grandfathered meters are non-active service commitments that predate the Water Code Section 350 emergency declaration and are connected to the CCSD's water system. These service types do not need an Intent to Serve letter or connection permit. Grandfathers pay minimum bi-monthly billing to maintain their status. A listing of grandfathered meters, as well as other non-active commitments, is included below.

2023 04 10 Exhibit B Existing Commitment List.pdf

For more information on the application process for Will Serves, please choose Will Serves & Retrofits from the options below.

Request a Change to Your Water Service 

Some projects require upsizing your meter for fire flow or other hydralic requirements. If you would like to request a change in meter size or location on a property currently receiving CCSD water service, please use the form below.


Join our mailing list