On December 13, 2021, the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) issued updated guidance concerning the use of face coverings. The guidance required that all individuals, regardless of their vaccination status, wear face coverings while in indoor public settings between December 15, 2021 and January 15, 2022. On January 5, 2022, the CDPH announced that the indoor mask mandate will be extended through February 15, 2022.
Updated 12/16/2021: CDPH Issues Q&A on Face Covering Guidance
The following individuals are exempt from wearing masks at all times:
- Persons younger than two years old. Very young children must not wear a mask because of the risk of suffocation.
- Persons with a medical condition, mental health condition, or disability that prevents wearing a mask. This includes persons with a medical condition for whom wearing a mask could obstruct breathing or who are unconscious, incapacitated, or otherwise unable to remove a mask without assistance.
- Persons who are hearing impaired, or communicating with a person who is hearing impaired, where the ability to see the mouth is essential for communication.
- Persons for whom wearing a mask would create a risk to the person related to their work, as determined by local, state, or federal regulators or workplace safety guidelines.
Additionally, exceptions to the universal masking requirements apply in the following circumstances in specified settings:
- Masks may be removed while actively eating or drinking.
- Persons who are working alone in a closed office or room.
- Persons who are obtaining a medical or cosmetic service involving the nose or face for which temporary removal of the face covering is necessary to perform the services.
- Workers who wear respiratory protection, per CalOSHA requirements.
- Persons who are specifically exempted from wearing masks by other CDPH guidance.
The Cambria Community Services District will continue to follow the CDPH issued guidance, CalOSHA guidance and the County of San Luis Obispo Public Health Department Health Officer Order. All CCSD employees, regardless of vaccination status, will continue to be required to wear a mask in all indoor public places. The CCSD will continue to provide face coverings, hand sanitizer and wipes for every district employee.