The goal of the District is to provide safe and healthful working conditions for all of its employees. Therefore, the District will maintain a safety and health program conforming to the best practices of agencies of this type. The District's safety and health program will include:
- Providing mechanical and physical safeguards to the maximum extent possible.
- Conducting a program of safety and health inspections to find and eliminate unsafe working conditions or practices, to control health hazards, and to comply fully with the safety and health standards and law for every job.
- Training all employees in good safety and health practices.
- Providing necessary personal protective equipment, and instructions for use and care.
- Developing and enforcing safety and health rules, and requiring that employees cooperate with these rules as a condition of employment.
- Investigating promptly and thoroughly, every accident to determine its cause and correct the problem so it will not happen again.
- Developing a system of recognition and awards for outstanding safety service and/or performance.
The Board of Directors approved the Illness & Injury Prevention Program on April 16, 2020, and it can be reviewed below.Illness & Injury Prevention ProgramExecuted Resolution 16-2020
The Board of Directors will review the Illness & Injury Prevention Program exhibits (Bloodborne Pathogens Exposure Control Plan and Heat Illness Prevention Plan) soon. The documents will be posted to the website after approval.