In consideration of Cambria's scarce water supplies and recurring drought conditions, a Board-approved Water Use Efficiency Plan was developed through the services of Maddaus Water Management in 2013.Water Use Efficiency Plan
Under CCSD Municipal Code, the following water conservation rules apply to all residents and businesses at all times:
- Outdoor watering or irrigation of landscaping with potable water is permitted only once per week, on either Tuesday or Thursday depending on the address of the customers property. Watering shall be allowed on Tuesdays for all properties in the District with even numbered addresses. Watering shall be allowed on Thursdays for all properties in the District with odd numbered addresses. Property owners who demonstrate they are only in residence on weekends may instead water on one weekend day, either Saturday or Sunday.
- Watering is prohibited between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
- The application of potable water to outdoor landscapes during and within 48 hours after measurable rainfall is prohibited.
- Guests in hotels, motels, and other commercial lodging establishments shall be provided the option of not laundering towels and linens daily.
- Washing vehicles, boats, and trailers with potable water is prohibited, except with the use of a hose fitted with a shut-off nozzle or device attached to it that causes it to cease dispensing water immediately when not in use.
- Washing down sidewalks, driveways, streets, walkways, parking lots, windows, buildings, porches, or patios and all other hard-surfaced areas by direct hosing or pressure washers with potable water is prohibited.
- Emptying and refilling swimming pools and commercial spas is prohibted, except to prevent structural damage and/or to provide for the public health and safety.
- The serving of drinking water other than upon request in eating or drinking establishments, including but not limited to restaurants, hotels, cafes, cafeterias, bars or other pubic places where food or drink are served and/or purchased is prohibited.
- The use of potable water in a fountain or other decorative water features, except where the water is part of a recirculating system, is prohibited.
- The irrigation with potable water of ornamental turf on public street medians is prohibited.