Extreme Water Shortage Emergency
Stage 5 of the CCSD's Water Shortage Contingency Plan includes the following actions and restrictions:
- No irrigation of turf, landscapes and/or ornamental gardens with potable water sources.
- Water use for public health and safety purposes only. Customer rationing may be implemented.
- No new construction meters will be issued.
- Dedicated irrigation meters will be locked by CCSD staff.
- Staff directed to perform mandatory water audits for water users in the 90th percentile.
- No replacement water may be provided for ponds or lakes. Aeration equipment should be managed in such a way as to eliminate evaporative loss of water.
- No water for commercial car washes.
- No planting of new landscaping (seed, sod, or other plant materials).
- Water use allocation per permanent resident: 2 units per month.
- Commercial water use allocation: 2 units per EDU or fraction thereof; or 75% of average of last 12 months water use, whichever is less.
- Vacation rental allocation: 2 units per month.
- Penalty charges for violation of water use allocations. Water use that exceeds allocation by less than 25% will be subject to a five-hundred percent (500%) surcharge levied on all usage above the customer's allocation. Water use that exceeds allocation by more than 25% will be subject to a one-thousand percent (1000%) surcharge levied on all usage above the customer's allocation. The tiered penalty structure is designed to acknowledge those customers who make a good faith effort to reduce consumption but go over their allocation by a small amount.
- Staff directed to operate WRF.
Resources for the Community
Download a printable one-pager about Stage 5 below. Post this easy-to-read guide at your home or business to remind yourself that the community is experiencing an Extreme Water Shortage Emergency.Stage 5 - Extreme Water Shortage Emergency