Skip to main content

Engineering & Utilities Department

The Engineering Department is managed by the Utilities Department Manager/District Engineer, Ray Dienzo, and supported by Melissa Bland, Program Manager and Megan Gerseny, Administrative Technician II, Support to the District Engineer.

May contain: outdoors, nature, landscape, scenery, aerial view, and land
An aerial image of the percolation ponds, the SWF's Advanced Water Treatment Plant, and the Van Gordon Reservoir. Photo courtesy of Helmut Kuhn

Connection Permits

All new connections, including connections that are the result of active service transfers, must be permitted by the Engineering Department. Please download and complete the following permit package and return all information and documents to the District Engineer at 5500 Heath Lane, Cambria, Calif. 93428 or email

Connection Permit Application Packet (UED1, WWD1)

Equivalent Dwelling Units

"Equivalent dwelling unit" or "EDU" - The average water usage for a single-family residence, as determined by the district, constitutes one EDU. The table of equivalent dwelling units determines the number of EDUs (or fraction thereof) attributable to a particular use on a parcel of land.

Table of Equivalent Dwelling Units
Join our mailing list