The Cambria Fire Safe Focus Group is a local focus group of the San Luis Obispo County Fire Council, which is a County focus group of the California State Fire Safe Council. The Fire Safe Council is comprised of stakeholders in community fire prevention and especially wildland fire pre-planning, community education and preparedness. The Cambria Fire Safe Focus Group was established to improve local fire safety especially from a wildland fire. Their mission is to mobilize Cambrians to protect our community, homes, businesses and environment from wildfire.
To help Cambrians become aware of the potential for a major wildland fire in Cambria by:
- Public education and outreach.
- Identify fire-safe practices, landscaping and defensible space around your home or business.
- Identify fire-safe construction and reducing fire embers ability to enter the inside of a building or ignite the building exterior.
- Hold community requested neighborhood meetings to promote wildland fire safety and preparedness.
- Coordinate and deliver Fire Safe Chipping events to reduce accumulated dead wildland fuels and to enhance defensible space around buildings.
- Increase awareness and public education regarding evacuation safety, routes and family and business plans.