Changes to prescribed shortage response actions are included below in bold.
Water Shortage Warning
Stage 3 of the CCSD's Water Shortage Contingency Plan includes the following actions and restrictions:
- Irrigation on public medians with potable water is prohibited.
- Decorative water features that use potable water must be drained and kept dry.
- Wash only full loads of laundry and/or dishes.
- Filling, refilling, or replenishing swimming pools, spas, ponds, streams, and artificial lakes is prohibited.
- Tune-up irrigation system by checking for and repairing leaks and damaged sprinklers.
- Up to one day per week of landscape irrigation when using potable water; no more than 15 minutes per day per station. (Modified by Resolution 59-2022.)
- Shorten showers and turn off faucets while brushing teeth or shaving.
- District will expand outreach campaign to include a staffed booth at the weekly Farmer's Market. Water efficient product giveaways will be provided, budget permitting.
- Fix leaky faucets, toilets, showerheads, pipes, and other water plumbing immediately.
Additional restrictions per Resolution 59-2022:
- Require property owners of large landscapes to certify compliance with irrigation restrictions.
- Require commercial lodging and vacation rentals to certify compliance with laundry opt-out, pool & spa restrictions, and water shortage posting requirements.
- Require restaurants and bars to certify compliance with water service restrictions.
Resources for the Community
Download a printable one-pager about Stage 3 below. Post this easy-to-read guide at your home or business to remind yourself that the community is experiencing a Water Shortage Warning.