The Cambria CSD Fire Department is currently accepting applications for the Reserve Firefighter position. The position is open until filled. For more information, please review the position description and announcement below or contact Haley Dodson at (805) 927-6240.Reserve Firefighter Position DescriptionReserve Firefigher Job Announcement
About the Reserve Firefighter Position
Under supervision of an engine company officer, the Reserve Firefighter responds to fires, medical aids, rescues, hazardous material incidents, motor vehicle accidents, and other emergency and non-emergency incidents. The Reserve Firefighter must maintain a state of mental and physical readiness to respond to emergency calls. The Reserve Firefighter must participate in training activities, maintain fire equipment and facilities, perform public education and fire prevention duties, and assist in training reserve firefighters, as well as other duties. The Reserve Firefighter may participate in extended out of county strike team assignments, and/or extended station coverage during such assignments. Reserve F irefighters will work with a full-time or reserve officer on 24-hour shifts as part of a three or four-person engine company. This is a part-time, at-will position. Reserve Firefighters are assigned 24-hour shifts.
- At least 18 years of age
- High school diploma or equivalency
- California State Fire Marshal Firefighter 1 certification, or proof of Firefighter 1 certification in process with California State Fire Marshal, or proof of completion of California State Fire Marshal accredited Firefighter 1 academy
- Current EMT-1 or EMT-P certification
- Hazardous Materials First Responder Operational Certification
- Residency within San Luis Obispo County and within 75 minutes of Cambria Fire Department Station 57
- Valid California driver’s license and proof of insurance
Reserve Firefighter Benefits
- $14.00/hour salary ($15.00/hour as of 1/1/2022)
- Statutory sick Leave
- Overtime is paid at time and one-half, for time worked in excess of 106 hours in a 14-day period
- Cambria Fire Department pays the employee’s annual CSFA membership
- Employees who qualify for CalPERS membership will be required to pay the entire employee portion of the CalPERS contribution
How to Apply
Please submit the completed employment application, proof of minimum requirement documentation, resume and certifications to email@example.com or by mail to Cambria CSD Fire Department, Attention: Haley Dodson, 2850 Burton Drive, Cambria, CA 93428.
All applicants will be reviewed and only those candidates determined to be most qualified for the position on the basis of experience, training and education as submitted, will move forward in the selection process. The selection process will consist of one or more interviews, a written test and physical agility test. The candidate who has successfully completed all prior phases of the selection process will be subject to a thorough background investigation.
For more information, please contact Haley Dodson at (805) 927-6240.