The Cambria Community Services District is currently accepting applications for the Maintenance Technician position. This recruitment is open until the needs of the District are met. For first consideration, apply immediately.
About the Maintenance Technician Position
Under general supervision, performs a variety of building, facilities, landscape, parks, trails and open space maintenance and related activities on CCSD properties and facilities. Performs physically demanding tasks indoors and outdoors, in a variety of weather conditions, and operates tools, equipment and vehicles. This is a position within the SEIU employee group.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for daily routine & special maintenance & upkeep of the Veterans' Memorial building
- Performs maintenance of public restrooms
- Empties public trash & recycling containers
- Unlocks and locks public restrooms & other public buildings according to usage patterns
- Maintains plants, shrubs, lawns and other landscaping at public buildings and facilities
- Cleans & maintains kitchen facilities
- Performs a variety of maintenance duties, as assigned, at CCSD buildings & facilities
- Performs a variety of construction and maintenance tasks at CCSD parks and open space facilities, including vegetation management , brush removal, tree trimming and removal, trail maintenance and construction, erosion control, habitat restoration and related duties
- Operates & maintains a variety of power tools, hand tools & similar equipment
- Operates motor vehicles while on duty
To review the full position description, please click the link below.Maintenance Technician Position Description
- Willing to work nights, weekends and holidays, depending on the assigned schedule. May be required to work a split shift
- Able to work with minimum of supervision
- Able to perform a variety of physically demanding tasks, including lifting and carrying objects in excess of 50 pounds, as needed
- Able to operate a variety of hand tools, power tools and construction/maintenance equipment
- Knowledge of basic facilities and buildings custodial and maintenance practices.
- Knowledge of basic electrical, plumbing, landscape and electrical maintenance activities
- Ability to climb a ladder and perform duties in confined spaces
- Ability to read and understand basic maintenance manuals and procedures.
- Equivalent of two years experience in janitorial, general maintenance, construction or related work
- Equivalent to High School graduate or G.E.D.
- Must possess and maintain a valid California class “C” driver’s license and maintain a satisfactory DMV record to maintain District insurability
- $48,941 to $59,488 annually
- 11 standard paid holidays per year
- 3.08 hours biweekly (120 hrs/yr) of paid vacation
- 3.70 hours biweekly (96 hrs/yr) of sick leave
- Regular employees, after completion of their probationary period, shall be eligible for the Health Care Reimbursement Program. Eligible employees receive a credit of $1300 each January 1.
- The district pays 85% of the health premiums currently in effect for employee and dependent coverage for the lowest cost plan available to district employees offered through CalPERS.
- The district pays 85% of the dental premiums currently in effect for employee and dependent coverage for the lowest cost plan.
- A Group Life Insurance Plan will be provided with a $25,000 life insurance policy, a $1,000 policy for each employee's spouse and a $1,000 policy for each employee dependent under the age of 21.
- CalPERS 3% @ 60 retirement plan for covered employees hired prior to October 1, 2012, including single highest year computation and credit for unused sick leave; 2% @ 60 retirement plan for covered employees hired on or after October 1, 2012 up through December 31, 2012, including the 36 highest consecutive months’ final compensation provision; covered employees hired on or after January 1, 2013 who are defined as “new members” under PEPRA will be covered by the 2% @ 62 retirement plan and the 36 highest consecutive months’ final compensation provision. Employee pays 100% of the CalPERS employee contribution.
- District provides a Deferred Compensation 457 matching monthly contribution of $25.
Electronic submittals are strongly preferred and should be directed to email@example.com and include the following: completed application, cover letter, resume and proof of minimum qualifications. All applicants will be reviewed and only those candidates determined to be most qualified for the position on the basis of experience, training and education as submitted, will move forward in the hiring process. The candidate who has successfully completed all prior phases of the hiring process will be subject to a thorough background investigation.