The purpose of the Parks, Recreation & Open Space Commission is to serve the public with respect to parks, recreation and open space as follows:
- Assess existing resources and gather information regarding the parks, open space and recreational needs of the community.
- Establish a collaborative working relationship with relevant public and private organizations.
- Create plans for meeting the needs of the community within the bounds of current and potential resources.
- Anticipate needed funding for proposed actions and identify potential sources.
- Recommend plans of action to the Directors of the Cambria Community Services District regarding actions to meet the community needs for parks, recreation and open space.
- Facilitate communication with the residents of Cambria both to update community priorities for parks, recreation and open space and to obtain community support for planned actions
The Parks, Recreation & Open Space Commission members are Steve Kniffen, Adolph Atencio, Kermit Johansson, Teri Lord and Joyce Renshaw.
The Parks, Recreation & Open Space Alternate members are Stanley Cooper and Jim Bahringer.2020 PROS Regular Meeting Schedule - Approved on 12/3/2019PROS Bylaws - Adopted on 2/23/20122020 PROS Goals & Objectives - Adopted on 2/20/2020PROS Commissioners Appointment List - Revised 11/14/2019